How Do We Use Personal Information and How is it Collected?
We collect data from various categories of personal information. These categories may involve: contact and profile details, location information, comments and feedback, messages and opinions, payment and transaction data, information acquired from social networks and other third party services, and account details regarding fraudulent or criminal activity record.
We receive your personal information in numerous ways. Following are few examples from where we collect your personal information:
- When the user registers for an account on our website.
- Makes an in-store or online purchase with us.
- Subscribes to our marketing communication i.e. newsletter, emails etc.
- Request customer services, contact us or visit our store.
- Information is shared with our third party partners.
- Post a review, rating or comment on our social media sites.
- Participate in market survey, contest or promotion.
The collected information is utilised for the purpose of enhancing customer experience. Therefore, we may link and combine data acquired from various sources, regardless of how you interact with us – online, in-store, or on social media sites.
Following are few examples of why we may disclose information with third party service providers:
- For fulfilling your orders and request.
- Providing services i.e. sharing your AMPS Supply activities with your contacts.
- Participation in collaborative promotional activities with our partners
- Conducting research and analysis
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- On marketing communication basis i.e. marketing messages about products and services, you may enjoy.
Your choices regarding personal information
We would like to explain the choices you have regarding how your personal information is processed. Depending on your use of our service, these choices may comprise of the following:
- Cookies setting and preferences: You have the option to disable cookies and other tracking technologies. Please refer to settings in your browser.
- E-mail settings and preferences: If you wish to stop receiving our marketing e-mails, you may unsubscribe at any time. Additionally you can prevent the automatic download of images that may contain tracking technologies through selecting appropriate setting in your email service provider.
- Information Collection and Use
We receive personal information, which you voluntarily select to submit it using our services. This may include information gathered while you register for an account on our website, make a purchase, contact us, post a review or rating, subscribe to any form of our marketing communication, participate in market surveys, redirect to our advertisements, redeem a promotional offer, or use any other interactive feature of our service.
We also collect anonymous data from every visitor of our Services to monitor traffic and fix bugs. This data collected includes web requests (the data sent in response to user requests), IP addresses, browser type and language, and a timestamp for the request.
We gather certain data automatically while you use our services such as your page preferences, actions taken or device used for access. We may also receive data from third party sources to supplement our records, improve the user experience of our services, and detect fraud.
Following are the type of personal information we may collect:
- Contact and profile details,
- Location information,
- comments and feed-backs,
- messages and opinions,
- payment and transaction information,
- information acquired from social networks and other third party services,
- Account details regarding fraudulent or criminal activity record.
The list mentioned below discusses in detail the types of personal information we collect about you and how we use it.
- Contact and profile details: While using our Services, we may require your personal identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal information includes your name, phone number, address, business information, and e-mail address. Your contact details are used in creating account, for communicating regarding our services or about any queries, issues or concerns, and to send marketing communication material in accordance with selected preference.
- Location information: Similar to many site operators, we gather information sent by your browser while accessing our site. This is known as log data and includes information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type and version, the pages of our website visited, the time and date of visit, time spent on those pages and other statistics. We use IP addresses to approximate your location which is then used to provide personalised content and advertisements, enhance user’s experience, help us in analytics e.g. site traffic measurement, and better the effectiveness of our website, merchandise, marketing and customer facilities. We may also use your location information to provide with more data regarding events for example trade shows, personalised offers related to products, services, or other opportunities, and notifications via social media platforms which may attract you.
- Comments and opinions: We gather information that you provide us while communicating directly, e.g. email, phone, mail or submitting an online from where we record your comments and opinions. We also document your comments and opinions expressed when you participate in surveys, sweepstake, or promotional offers. The purpose of recording comments and opinions is to address your queries, issues, concerns and to improve our services. We may also use the comments and opinions to work out the services that may interest you and send marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- Payment and Transaction Information: When you make an online purchase, we collect data such as purchased items, time of purchase, and payment information, which includes credit card or bank account details. We do this to prevent and detect fraud, and update our marketing data.
- Information acquired from social networks: We receive data from various social media platforms when you choose to interact with us, such as like, follow or share our AMPS Supply content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest or other sites. The information we receive includes your profile details and any other information you permit the social media to disclose with third parties. We use this data to interact or communicate with you on the social media platforms, and better comprehend the demographics of our visitors, in order to provide personalise content and advertisement. The data we gather is dependent upon your social network privacy setting. It is advisable that you should always review, and if needed, adjust your privacy settings on social media platforms and third party before connecting or linking them to our Services.
- Information provided by third parties: At times, we may acquire your information from third party services such as our suppliers, resellers, marketing or business partners or from other sources e.g. your organisation and office colleagues. We do this in order to improve or supplement our existing user data. For example, we may obtain mailing address information or we may collaborate with third party services, which assist us to locate you, based on your IP address so that we are able to customise content. We may also gather data about you that is publicly available. We then combine this information with the information we collected directly from you, and use all this to contact you, to send appropriate advertisement or promotional offers or to personalise our service, to per-populate online forms, and to improve the understanding of our users’ preferences.
- Account details regarding fraudulent or criminal activity record: We may perform information check on your account regarding fraudulent or criminal activity history for the purpose of detecting and preventing fraud or abuse.
- All personal information: We will utilise the personal information obtained to manage, maintain and provide you the best of our service features and functionality. We also use this data to communicate with you, to monitor and enhance our services, and to develop new products.
Cross-Context Information. We may link or combine activities and information obtained from you on our website, based on the purchases, the information we receive from third parties, as well as information collected automatically through tracking technologies. This allows us to provide you with a personalised experience regardless of how you interact with us – online services, on your mobile device, or social media platforms.
- Information Automatically Collected Through Cookies and Other Tracking Technology.
We may automatically collect some information when you use our service, contact us at our customer care, receive marketing e-mails or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device. The data we gather includes how you access and use the service and information about the device used to access our service.
We use this data to enhance and personalise user experience, better manage our services, and for other internal purposes.
We usually collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and any other similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
Information we collect automatically about you, may be combined with other personal information obtained directly from you.
We and our third party partners’ use tracking technologies to automatically obtain usage and device information, such as:
- Information regarding how you access the service: This includes your access point and the site to which you proceed when leaving our website, frequency of access to our service, when and whether you read our emails or click the links attached in emails, if you connect to the service through multiple devices, and any other actions you take while using our Service.
- Information about how you use the Service: For example, the pages you visit, the links you click, the ads viewed, purchase data and your checkout process, your location when you access or interact with our Service, and other similar actions.
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device used: This is used to obtain your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other personal identifiable information.
- Analytics information: We may obtain analytics data, or use third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends of our Service, in order to understand more about the demographics and behaviours of our users.
We and third party partners use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your next visit to our site; (ii) provide custom, personalised content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (iii) identify and contact on your multiple devices; (iv) manage and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (v) perform data analytics and access our service usage pattern; (vi) diagnose or fix technology issues; (vii) detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and (viii) otherwise plan for advancements and enhance our service.
Your choices to control tracking technologies:
If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) modify your browser settings to notify when you receive a cookie, which gives you the option whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies.
Blocking or deleting cookies may negatively impact user experience while using the Service, such as few features and facilities may not work properly.
Based on your operating system and mobile device, you might not have the choice to delete or block all tracking technologies.
You can change your e-mail settings to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that allow us to know whether you viewed or engaged with our emails.
Do Not Track: Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, but at this time we are not able to process Do Not Track signals from your browser.
To learn more details about how we and our third party partners use information for online advertisement purposes, kindly refer to Third Party Data Collection and Interest Based Advertising discussed below.
- Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information with the following parties:
- Third parties as per your request: When you choose to disclose your activities on ampssupply.com with your contacts through email, text, or on various social media platforms.
- Promotional Partners: Third parties with whom we collaborate to provide contests and sweepstake, or other promotional activities, where contestant are usually identified by name as per the Official Rules.
- Service providers and advisers: Third party vendors or other service providers that perform services for us, on our behalf. These services may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing or email facilities, tax and accounting services, product fulfilment, payments processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
- Product Suppliers: Third party product suppliers who have a legitimate business or legal interest in gathering such information. For instance, personal information may be disclosed to product suppliers for fulfilment of warranty service obligations, product recalls, or transaction tracking related to shipments or leases of supplier products.
- The public: When you give feedback or post user content for our Services. For example, if you post a product review on our website or a comment on our social media pages, your information, such as your first name, last initial, and state of residence, may display on our website or on our social media sites.
We may also disclose data with others in an encrypted, aggregated or otherwise anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you.
- Your Choices and Control over Your Information
Profile and data sharing settings: You may update/edit your profile details, such as your user name, address, or billing information, and may modify data sharing preferences on your Account Page or by submitting request on our Privacy Portal.
How to control your email preferences: You have the option to stop receiving our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided within these communications. We make all possible effort to promptly process the unsubscribe requests. You might not be able to opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transaction communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notifications).
How to control your text message preferences: If you receive SMS text messages, you may opt-out at any time by replying STOP or following the instructions provided in the text messages.
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any queries about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. Although we might not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
Geo-location: You have the option to control location tracking by adjusting your location service settings on your mobile device. However, we may continue to approximate your location based on the IP address of the computer or device used to access the Service.
- Third Party Data Collection and Interest Based Advertising.
We participate in interest-based advertisement where we allow third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to obtain data regarding frequency of use of our website so that they may play or display ads accordingly on our services, other websites, apps, and devices that you are synced with. We may also utilize third party services to gather information about your browser or device, or your online activity on our Service so that we could enhance or customize your experience, improve understanding of our client demographics and how they interact with our Service, analyse the success of our marketing campaigns, track reporting, referrals and attribution, or similar activities
Interest Based Advertising
Internet-based advertising along with using third party advertising companies is the most power technique used to serve you the targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. Generally but not always the data utilized for interest-based advertising is gathered through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site and other relevant data. We may disclose standard account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with our third party advertising partners to help distinguish you across devices. We and our third party partners use this information to form the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, also to provide advertising-related services like reporting, attribution, analytics and marketing research .
We and our third party partners sync with your devices so that the content you view on one device could result in relevant advertising on the other devices. We perform this by obtaining information about each device you use to log into our Service. We may also collaborate with third party partners who use tracking technologies or other statistical modelling tools, to evaluate whether two or more device are linked through a single user or household. We may disclose standard account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with our third party advertising partners to help distinguish you across devices. We, and our partners, could use this cross-device linkage to serve interest-based advertising and other customised content for your devices, to perform analytics and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns.
Control over cookies, tracking technologies and interest based ad preferences:
Cookies and flash technologies: Usually, the browsers let you modify or alter its setting to inform you regarding:
- When the cookie is received, which gives you an option to either accept it or decline it.
- Let you disable cookies,
- Or reject them.
The service needs you to allow cookies to process it smoothly, if the cookies are rejected, it can negatively affect the service as some features may become unavailable.
Mobile promotion: You have the option to limit the interest-based advertisement or promotion, which are found in iOS settings “limit ad tracking” and for Android devices, in “opt-out of interest-based ads”.
Social Media Widgets and Advertising
We may include social media features to our service such as the Facebook Like button or other widgets connecting to Google Plus, LinkedIn, Snap chat, Instagram, and Twitter. These social media companies may collect your data while using our service and may use tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
We may display targeted advertising to you through platforms such as Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that we use to display advertisements on social media platforms to those who are interested in our service or users who have similar interests or demographics. A unique identifier might be shared like a user ID or a hashed email address to platform providers. They may also choose to collect data from a first-party pixel for direct targeted advertisements. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of the individual social media companies. If you do not wish to see targeted ads, you may be able to change those settings on the platforms.
Third Party Partners
Third party service partners work with us to provide cross-device linking and/or advertising services. This list will be updated if or when we work with new partners which offer options about the collection of your data, but as partners change and new technologies become available, this list is likely to change over time and may not always reflect our current partners.
Google Analytics and Advertising: Google Analytics and Google Universal Analytics are used to recognise you and your devices when visiting our site or services, logging into your account, or otherwise connect with us. Google Analytics uses a unique identifier provided by us with Google Universal Analytics such as a user ID or hashed email address. These services help us understand how users are engaging with our Services and provided targeted advertising. For more information on how Google Analytics runs its data collection and how you can control your own information, review their site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about the available opt-outs including the browser ad-on here.
We may also use some forms of display advertising and other advanced features available through Google Analytics, such as Re-marketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the Double Click Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These facilities enable us to utilise first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Double click advertising cookie) or other third party cookies together to inform, optimise, and display ads based on your past visits to our Service. You may control advertising preferences or opt-out of some Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences or by vising NAI’s online resources. at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices .
Google Advertising: To learn more about your ad settings through Google, Please Go to.
Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-Op: We are participants in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-Op to better understand how users interact on our website and apps and to display tailored content and advertisements. Go to https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com to learn more about how Adobe links your devices and to change settings on how they are related.
User Experience Information
On our certain Services, we use third party tools to monitor user experience information. These tools automatically gather usage information, including mouse clicks and movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The data obtain does not include passwords, payment details, or other sensitive personal information. We utilise this information for site analytics, optimisation and enhance website usability. We do not permit this information to be shared with or used by third parties for their own purposes.
- How We Store and Protect Your Information
Data storage and transfer: Your information gathered through our website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Amps-supply or its affiliates or service providers in order to maintain facilities.
Information safety: Security of your information is essential to us and we have placed safeguards which allows to preserve the safety and integrity of information which is obtained and further disclosed with the service providers. However, security of the systems is not guaranteed fully. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- State-Specific Disclosures
We may either choose to willingly or be obliged under law to provide any form of direct or indirect disclosures related to personal information of various state residents for further processing.
- Links to Other Websites and Services
The Services may contain connections to and from outsider sites of our partners, advertisers, and social media platforms and our clients may post links on other third party sites. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy arrangements and that we don’t acknowledge any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly suggest that you read their privacy policies and terms and condition on how they gather, use, and offer data. We are not answerable for the privacy practices or the content on third party sites.